1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ¼ cup small green lentils (8 oz.), rinsed½ onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 sprig of thyme1 sprig of parsley
1 bay leaf
2 shallots, minced
4 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 pomegranate, seeded
6-8 dinosaur kale leaves, sliced into thin ribbons (as thinas possible!)
1 small bunch of chives or a couple of scallions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly coat the bottom of a medium sauce pan with extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium high flame.
2. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and sauté about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
3. A dd lentils, herbs and a fat pinch of salt and cover with water. Simmer about25 minutes or until lentils are done. Discard the herbs and drain any excess water if there is any.
4. In a separate bowl, combine shallots, vinegar, and oil and season with saltand pepper. Whisk all ingredients together and then pour the dressing over the warm lentils.
5. Stir in kale ribbons and pomegranate seeds.
6. Dress the warm lentils and taste for seasoning.
7. Serve at room temperature and garnish with chives!